- Software Development Engineer (Aug 2012 – Mar 2015, Orange Romania)
- Senior Software Development Engineer (Mar 2015 – Sep 2019, Orange Services & Orange Money)
- Trainer, for newcomers and students of Orange Educational Program (2013-2019)
- Team Lead, as I was constantly coordinating 2-4 developers (2014-2019)
- Representative of the IT department, in the employees’ forum (2017-2019)
My adventure in Orange Romania took 7 years and from being fresh out of college it moulded me into a senior developer capable of creating highly scalable and performant platforms, teaching others and coordinating juniors.
It was an amazing transformational journey during which I had the opportunity to develop most of my professional skills and to meet highly intelligent professionals from whom I learned a lot. Last but not least, Orange is the place where I made friends for life, whom I appreciate both as professionals and as reliable friends.
The #orangeLife was complex and not flat at all as I constantly encountered new projects and challenges in our rush to stay up to date with technology trends.
During my years at Orange, I worked for 3 different entities: Orange Romania (phase 1), Orange Services & Orange Money (phase 2). Even if I worked for 3 different juridical entities, as part of the IT Department/Billing And Convergent Services Unit, all of my projects were related to Billing-Rating-Charging-Invoicing concepts.
However, my main activities can be divided into 2 phases with different responsibilities:
1. Software Development Engineer (Orange Romania)
This was the phase when I acted solely as a software developer, working on assigned tasks.
Expertise areas & projects:
- Implement & maintain code
Main technologies: C++, Shell, Oracle PL/SQL, Java, Perl
2. Software Development Engineer (Orange Romania)
As I was promoted to senior, the list of responsibilities grew and I began to take on more of them as a team lead, mentor or architect. During this time I started identifying upcoming technical challenges and implementing my own solutions and views. I am really grateful that I had the chance to develop my mindset to create framework-oriented solutions that are being used to this day.
Expertise area & projects:
- Rating, Charging, Billing and Invoicing process
- Realtime processing
- Revenue Assurance and Integrity Driller
- Fraud Management
- Anti Money Laundering
- Data mining
- Machine learning
While working in Orange I collaborated with an amazingly creative and dedicated team. Please reach out to the following team members for further references:
- Daniela Niculae – Billing Enablers and Convergent Services Manager @Orange Romania SA
- Gabriel Calin – Senior Software Development Engineer @Orange Services
- Alina Glavan – Software Development Engineer @Orange Services
- Delia Ioana Lepadatu – Software Development Engineer @Orange Services
- Dorin Florea – Database Infrastructure Manager @Orange Romania
- Marius Popescu – Senior Software Development Engineer @Orange Romania
My teaching activity
Teaching others is one of the passions of my life. During my professional life I experienced all types of teaching I could:
- graduation diploma coordinator (check specific details here: ETTI)
- trainer in a corporate environment (check specific details here: Orange | CN Group)
- trainer in a private software academy (Software Development Academy)
- summer school trainer (TC software summer school)
- trainer in students’ organizations (check specific details here: LSE | MobilPRO | CareerTeam)
- Founded 1997 (as Mobilrom)
- Headquarter Bucharest, Romania
- Domain Telecommunications
- Workplace Bucharest office
- Company size ~2500