Data Migration Project (CN Group & Flatirons, 2021-2022)
- Employer Flatirons (CN Group contractor)
- Project type Software development
- Period 2021-2022
- My Role Tech Lead
- Engineering team size 16
- Technologies Java, AWS, Kubernetes, Postgres
- Architecture Client-server, Master-slave patterns
- Keywords High availability, Data migration
- Skills developed Technical leadership, AWS knowledge
The main goal of this project is to adapt & migrate the existing platform from an on-premise Linux environment to AWS.
That means the team adapted the system source code in order to make the components cloud compliant (but still maintain support for on-premise architecture).
The team also prepared and ran a protocol to transfer large volumes of data and metadata and to automate the analysis of the differences between the old and new instances.
- Java 8/11
- JPA and Hibernate
- SQL (Oracle/MsSQL Server/Postgres)
- Apache Tomcat
- Linux shell scripting and windows powershell
- Apache Solr