- EU just Changed Smartphones Forever. A new EU law will require all mobile devices to have user-replaceable batteries by 2027.
- Microsft introduces Python support for Excel.
- The movement to limit face recognition tech might finally get a win.
- The rideshare industry adapting to a changing smallsat market.
- OpenAI introduces ChatGPT for Enterprises.
- Meta released a coding version of Llama2.
- Anthropic releases Claude 2, a competitor for ChatGPT and Bard.
- IBM and NASA open source largest Geospatial AI Foundation Model on Hugging Face.
- A DeepMind co-founder proposes a new Turing test.
- Apple is preparing Apple GPT.
- Digital Renaissance: NVIDIA Neuralangelo Research Reconstructs 3D Scenes.
- Hugging Face releases AutoTrain Advanced: faster and easier training and deployments of state-of-the-art machine learning models.
- Consulting giant McKinsey unveils its own generative AI tool for employees: Lilli.
- Google released 9 free Generative AI courses.
- Harvard’s new Computer Science teacher is a chatbot.
- Europe spent €600 million to recreate the human brain in a computer. How did it go?
- China introduced the largest quantum cloud computing platform, moving the industry to the practical stage.
- This company plans to transplant gene-edited pig hearts into babies next year.
- Invisibility cloaks are not just possible but are becoming a reality.
In the midst of the digital age, information is abundant, but quality can sometimes be scarce. The digital landscape, further amplified by the emergence of LLMs, has given everyone a voice. While this democratization of content creation is empowering, it has also made distinguishing between the signal and the noise quite challenging.
This is precisely why I embarked on this newsletter journey: to sift through the vastness of articles and curate quality insights. Think of this as a distilled, recurrent tech digest that will, over time, also serve as a chronicle of the ever-evolving tech panorama.
I really value your input and would love your help in making this newsletter even better. If you find any cool articles, feel free to send them my way! I promise to give a shoutout to everyone who pitches in.
Here’s to navigating the tech realm together!